Addresses the criminal and terrorist threat environments for international shipping and the measures established to counter those threats. It focuses, in particular, upon the measures developed since the 9/11 attacks by the International Maritime Organization in the context of the enforcement rights and limitations of the law of the sea. It also addresses other regulatory, cooperative and security measures established by organizations, states and maritime industry. The course content includes:
- the terrorism threat environment
- piracy and armed robbery at sea
- IMO regulations: SUA Conventions; ISPS Code; vessel tracking
- offshore installations and pipelines
- submarine cables
- maritime domain awareness (MDA)
- the role and regulation of private maritime security companies
- maritime cyber security
- seafarers’ identity measures
- counter-proliferation (PSI)
It will conclude with a maritime security desktop exercise.
Venue: University of Wollongong, Wollongong NSW. Full details will be sent to registrants.
Fees: The fee for each course is A$2,750.00 (including GST).
Accommodation: Accommodation may be available on campus if sufficient prior notice is provided. Alternatively, accommodation is available at nearby hotels or motels.
To enquire about our courses or for assistance with accommodation, please contact us.
Rescheduled to 2019 - Date TBD